Mastering Construction Project Management Updates - Online
36 hours (18 Credit)
This 36 hours corporate training program was specifically designed and created to support British Columbians that are employed or have been employed in the construction sector where job opportunities have been most impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic to gain technical skills in response to technological advancements and essential skills to obtain good-paying jobs and increase job security,
The following main topics will be discussed
- Learn to create and implement a scope statement for construction projects
- explained and applied to construction projects using today's critical path method
- Learn to set multiple baselines & track changes for construction projects
- Failure reasons in an unkempt, unsafe, disorganized construction site
- Learn to create a checklist in today's construction project management
- Important roles & responsibilities in construction projects
- Introduce 3 main stages of a construction project
- Learn to Build employee motivation, trust, and respect and create a motivating & engaging environment with your project teams
- Learn to improve focus & flow, reduce distraction & wasted time in construction projects
- Learn the 5 stages of construction team development, Coaching and mentoring leads to higher levels of success
- Learn the 5 phases of a construction project
- Understand 8 reasons why construction schedules fail
- Improve workflow and optimize construction project schedule
- Introduce lean construction and the 6 principles of lean
By the end of this in-depth course, learners will have a better understanding of the topics through our comprehensive introductions and breakdown of the topics into easily digestible content, and overall, will gain an increased amount of applicable knowledge that they are able to integrate into their work settings.
This program aims to provide absolutely high-value and high-quality corporate training to help employers in the construction industry to train their current or future employees to meet the immediate needs of the business and the participant’s job
Upon completion of the programs the successful participant will
gain knowledge and skills; will demonstrate reasoning, creative thinking, and analytic skills.
The result of training will be improved job-related skills leading to increased job security and /or a better job for a current employee of the applicant employer and /or a job for an unemployed person
Participants must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or protected persons under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada), who are entitled to work in Canada. at least 16 years old and be either:
• Unemployed, or
• Employed by the applicant employer
Once training is completed, employers will hire or continue to employ participants in B.C
The duration of the program is 1 week.
Learning resources are mainly from textbooks, real-life case studies, internet information, as well as videos.
In-class instruction, On-site, Distance/Online, or Combined
This program will have two parts; one part is a theory, and another part is practice.
Completion of distance class of theory will be counted as 50% towards the final grade, Completion of case study, term project, and presentation will be counted as 50% towards the final grade.
Grading scale for each class is as follows:
Requirements for Graduation
Courses with grades lower than “C” is not counted toward the completion of the corporate training program.
Capacity (number of participants): 30
Name of instructors: team of experts of Vancity Institute,
Jamie, Designer with Bachelor’s Degree of interior design and 25+ years of construction professional experience along with tremendous 10+ years experience in teaching and coaching
Vivian, Lawyer with Bachelor’s Degree of law, 25+ years of construction professional experience along with 10+ years experience in teaching and coaching
Richard, Engineer with Bachelor’s Degree of engineering, 25+ years of construction professional experience along with 10+ years experience in teaching and coaching
Bill, QS with Bachelor’s Degree of engineering, 30+ years of construction professional experience along with 10+ years experience in teaching and coaching
Thomas, architect with Bachelor’s Degree of architecture, 35+ years of construction professional experience along with 15+ years experience in teaching and coaching
Qian, Administrator and associate instructor, with Bachelor’s Degree of Economics, 8+ years of admin experience along with 8+ years experience in teaching and coaching
This is the title of this dialog box.
This is the descriptive text of this dialog box.